GEO Symposium (Virtual)
June 21 - June 24
The symposium will be held 21-24 June 2021 and this year’s theme is “Strengthening inclusive partnerships across the GEO Work Programme.“
The aim of the symposium is to share successful practices and identify ways to accelerate the delivery of products and solutions to address environmental and societal challenges.
Submissions are invited to address one or more of the following topics:
- EO solutions for the GEO Engagement Priorities including Climate Action, Disaster Risk Reduction, Sustainable Development and Urban Resilience;
- EO solutions related to pandemic/epidemic planning, response and recovery;
- Technologies and methods for enhancing discovery, access, analysis and use of data and information, including analysis-ready data, data cubes and data/knowledge platforms;
- Approaches for facilitating the equitable collection, sharing and reuse of EO data, including consideration of data principles and ethics, in situ data and emerging data sources, such as citizen science; and
- GEO community development, including encouraging inclusivity, engagement with the commercial sector, resource mobilization, communications and capacity development.
Further logistical information will be announced soon.