Group on Earth Observations Indigenous Summit 2020
The GEO Indigenous Summit 2020
7-9 December 2020
Join Indigenous leaders from around the world as they discuss Indigenous-led innovation in Earth observations data, science and technology. This will build on the GEO Indigenous hackathon, bringing together Indigenous knowledge and state-of-the-art science and technology, as well as the global GEO community.
No registration required! Open to everyone, everywhere!
Themes: COVID-19, Women Empowerment, Education, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction, Indigenous Data Sovereignty, Knowledge Transfer.
Lightning talks session: Lightning talks are 3 minutes pre-recorded presentations related to the themes of the Summit. To submit an abstract complete this form by the 25th of November 23:59 CEST
Please mark your calendars for this virtual event, and be sure to:
- Titus Letaapo (Samburu tribe, Kenya)
- James Rattling Leaf Sr. (Rosebud Sioux tribe, South Dakota, US)
- Mario Vargas Shakaim (Shuar Nation, Ecuadorian Amazon)
- Diana Mastracci (GEO Secretariat, Communications consultant)
- Steven Ramage (GEO Secretariat, Head of External Relations)