Extended! Call for Nominations GEO AquaWatch Management Team or Steering Committee
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 29th!
AquaWatch, the Group on Earth Observations (GEO) water quality initiative is developing and building the global capacity and utility of Earth Observation-derived water quality data, products and information to support effective monitoring, management and decision making. GEO AquaWatch seeks nominations of individuals to serve on either our Management Team or our Steering Committee for the 2023-2026 triennium. These roles are unpaid and voluntary. Review of applications to serve has commenced and remains open until March 29th, 2023, with notification of selected candidates by April 15, 2023.
This call seeks individuals from diverse backgrounds and expertise within the water quality community including governmental agencies; academia; industry representatives; and non-governmental-, non-profit-, and intergovernmental-organizations. A variety of stakeholder perspectives is sought for this role – from the data production to the end users.
The call seeks candidates with any of the following expertise:
- Research Interest in the Earth Observation and Water Quality realm
- Responsibility for protection and stewardship of inland and coastal waters;
- Public administration supporting conservation planning, habitat restoration, ecosystem services, sustainable management practices;
- Environmental law and standards, or policy and diplomacy of water quality uses;
- Science communication, education, and outreach;
- Hazard mitigation and disaster response management.
Read the full Call for Nominations here.
Self-nominations are welcome. If you are interested in nominating someone to serve on the GEO AquaWatch Steering Committee or Management Team, please send the name and contact information of your nominee along with and brief statement on the nominee’s experience and expertise relevant to GEO Aquawatch (LinkedIn Profile, CV, resume or websites links) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nomination for GEO AquaWatch Management Team” or “Nomination for GEO AquaWatch Steering Committee” before March 29th, 2023.