Call for Papers: Special Issue “Bio-Optical Oceanic Remote Sensing”
Contributions are solicited for the upcoming special issue of Remote Sensing, entitled “Bio-Optical Oceanic Remote Sensing” will focus on the development and validation of new bio-optical remote sensing algorithms for oceanic and coastal waters. The issue will be co-edited by Bradley Penta (NRL) and Victor S. Kuwahara (Soka University). Authors are encouraged to submit articles concerning, but not limited to, the following topics:
- In situ validation of ocean color products
- Vicarious validation of ocean color sensors Hyperspectral remote sensing algorithm development
- Ocean color products related to:
- Harmful algal bloom (HAB) detection
- Phytoplankton functional types (PFT)
- Higher trophic levels
- Optical water mass classification
- Biogeochemical cycles
- New and future applications of remote sensing ocean color sensors
More information is available at: mdpi.com/si/55750 .
Submissions will be accepted through 31 July 2021. Each submission will be published based on its own peer review process.