Thanks for a great 2021 members of GEO AquaWatch!
As 2021 closes, we would like to take a moment to acknowledge all those who have contributed to GEO AquaWatch’s success this year. The GEO AquaWatch community had many accomplishments this year including:
- The very successful and popular webinar series which highlighted several new or recently completed projects
- Guidance on atmospheric correction, algorithm approaches, and analysis ready data
- Advances in the Limnades data repository
- Expansion of our organization through regional and thematic nodes and new membership to our steering and management teams
- Strengthening our partnerships with organizations like IWA, CEOS, ACARES and the World Bank.
- Implementation of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy and metrics, which will be central in our program planning in the new year.
- Publication on data integration by our Products and Information working group
- Work on African Great Lakes
- Development of Google Earth Engine tools for water quality
This is an exciting time with the rapidly advancing science and technology in our field and we’re truly grateful for the professionalism and dedication of all those who have contributed. We wish you peace, joy and prosperity throughout the coming year and look forward to working with you in the year to come.
Steve Greb and members of the Executive Team
(Merrie Beth Neely, Paul DiGiacomo, Emily Smail and Arnold Dekker)